Jess. Tennessee. 19. I'm a goof that's pretty easy to love.Wouldn't it be great if we knew each other better?My Face. Instagram. Twitter. Writing. Just Ask. Submit.
I’m taking technology in culture which basically just analyzes the effects of technology on western culture. It’s the first day and this girl blows everyone’s mind by saying:
You know, today you call someone on their cell phone to ask where they are. 50 years ago you had to know where they were in order to call
LIKE SHIT BITCH. It’s moutherfuckin syllabus day and you just summed up the whole class
My mother is unable to hide her
feelings in the back of her throat,
a spilling well of a woman,
unforgivingly open and bare.
I have always wished that I was more like my father, a quiet mystery,
detached and unbothered
suffering in silence,
too proud for withering.
But today when everything hurt,
even the space behind my eyes,
and someone beautiful asked me where it hurt, which part of my heart,
for the first time in my life
I was grateful
that I had my mother’s mouth
when I could point to a place and say “Here, I am hurting, here. ”
Something my father could never do. Key Ballah, I have my mothers mouth (via keywrites)
- *Man walks into a store and finds employee*
- Man: Alright, I've had enough. Why haven't you guys hired me?!
- Employee: Uh...well sir, when did you put in your application?
- Man: I never filled out an application.
- Employee: Well sir, we can't consider you for employment if you've never filled out an application.
- Man: No, that's bullshit, because I've been coming here for years now, and every single time I tell you all how much I love this store and how much I appreciate your customer service, unlike some of your other customers might I add!
- Employee: Well, but that doesn't-
- Man: AND I even told you that I didn't have a job!
- Employee: But sir, that doesn't indicate to us that you would like a job at our store. And again, if you've never filled out an application, we can't consider you. Besides, we're not hiring.
- Man: OH! Not hiring, HA! What a laugh. I see your store go through seasonal workers all the time. They come and go like nothing, but you won't consider me as a part-time employee even though I KNOW you've been looking for workers to fill positions? That's insane!
- Employee: Sir, we've been looking to hire a few people for management positions. Do you have any management experience?
- Man: Well no, but what does that matter?
- Employee: ...Well sir, that's what we're looking for. You won't be suitable for the position without management experience.
- Man: Oh that's such a load of crap. You know, you'll be waiting around a long time for a manager if you don't lower your standards a little. Who cares if someone knows how to manage a store? I LOVE this store and I'm willing to work here, that's all that should matter to you.
- Employee: That...doesn't make any sense.
- Man: NO! I'm done. This is over. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
- Man: Fuck you, slut.